[TowerTalk] yagi comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] yagi comments
From: ftbrady@cosmoslink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 01:46:29 -0700
Regarding my earlier queries about the cost effectiveness of Force 12:

Chris R. Burger privately disagreed with my doubts that the degrees of
weight and wind load savings achieved by Force 12 in the larger antennas
returns the extra cost in rotator and tower savings.

His argument clearly indicates what I missed - the saving do, indeed, mount
quickly IF we are talking about large arrays on very high towers.  This,
then, is apparently the Force 12 market - savings to very high tower users.

It was all a question of scale - Force 12 product costs are difficult to
justify to users like myself, but lower and lower band yagis on higher and
higher towers is apparently a large and growing market (beyond my limited
imagination).  The bigger the antenna system, and the higher it goes up -
the more value in going with Force 12.

I stand enlightened - nice work Force 12 (but I sure hope you become
successful enough to add competitively priced models for us mortals at 70 ft).

Thank you for your prompt and easy to understand explanation, Chris.

73s,
 Frank - W0ECS