[TowerTalk] Cleaning aluminum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cleaning aluminum
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 00:37:30 -0400 (EDT)
All the antenna experts I know keep their tubing clean.  If it was only
oxide that would be one thing..but its dirt, grime, acid rain build up too
so to be safe its cleaned.

Using gunk (the name on the Moseley can) or penitrox et al between the
element connections has been recommended by Carl mosley, Bill Orr, W2PV et
al.  Almost any antenna book recommends using this type of material.

I'll bet all of the top contest stations clean and gunk...

Laugh at the shiny antennas as we make the contacts and win the contests!
See you down...the listings!

Dave K4JRB