[TowerTalk] AEA cable mate

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AEA cable mate
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:24:26 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-22 21:33:46 EDT, SE060676@shellus.com (Effinger SH
(Sam) at MSXSOPC) writes:

> I am wanting to buy the AEA cable mate TDR--- what is the opinion of the
>  group on them.   I know it won't compare to more expensive models but
>  for
>  $300 it      isn't too bad.
>   What is the best in line SWR meter "excluding the Bird" watt meter..

     I haven't used the AEA myself but rumour has it that it is susceptible
to nearby RF (broadcast) interference. I use the MFJ-259 here and have been
happy with it. It's not a lab instrument but good enough for ham work. While
it's also susceptible to RF, I pass the cable through some toroids and it
helps quite a bit.

73,  Steve   K7LXC