[TowerTalk] cleaning/replacing aluminum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cleaning/replacing aluminum
From: andrew@gi0nwg.demon.co.uk (Andrew Williamson)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 08:31:21 +0100
In message <33ABCF77.2087@mail.coos.or.us>, Tom Osborne
<w7why@mail.coos.or.us> writes
>I have created a new parasite that feeds on aluminum oxide.  I am in the
>cloning process now.  When I get enough of them, they will be available
>for sale.  Just put one on your beam, and they start to multiply and they
>live on aluminum oxide.  Never have to clean your elements again.

Hey, don't make those little critters too good at their job.  If you
remove all the aluminum oxide, the aluminum will spontaneously combust
(it's the oxide that stops it doing so).

However, on the plus side, you WOULD have something to blame when you
melt your elements with a pair of 3CX10000's.  Blame it on a new
stronger strain of Toms parasites  =:-)

Vy 73,

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI