[TowerTalk] Tower Complaints & backhoes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Complaints & backhoes
From: dietz@texas.net (Chuck Dietz)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 19:50:15 -0500
Bob Wruble wrote:

> after cigarettes comes alchol

WAIT A MINUTE! NOT ALCOHOL!  (Nah, those guys all drink it too...)

--snip--

> > From: Monte Stark <ku7y@sage.dri.edu
> For those
> > who wondered about the base/anchor points.....base is 5'x5'x4' deep
> > with 3 levels of re-bar. The guy anchor points are cut 9'x2.5'x4' deep.
> >
> > Why so big??  Well, the back hoe had a 24" bucket and the ground was
> > nice and moist and bingo.....bigger than I wanted! There is almost
> > 8 yards of concrete!

Hoo boy!  I went through that too...  Thought I was a big shot that
couldn't dig 3 holes..  I had a backhoe out here for another project and
asked him to dig the holes...  $1,200. bucks worth of concrete later, I
had tower bases!  Boy, will I ever dig in the future!  Those scoops are
ok for width, but the hole ends up WAY too long!

Chuck, KE5FI