[TowerTalk] TV hardline connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TV hardline connectors
From: csummers@diac.com (Charlie Summers)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 05:51:51 -0600
The best connectors I seen for TV hardline are made from gas compression
unions.  These things are easily procured at the local hardware store
and come in a variety of sizes.  One end, I believe the 1/2" end, fits
over the body of the PL 259 and you clamp it down.  The other end fits
over the aluminum of the TV hardline and you clamp it down.

You can get these unions in 1/2 by 1/2", 1/2" by 5/8" etc.  Seems to me
to be a better way of doing it that soldering to copper pipe and
clamping it to the hardline with a hose clamp.

To each his own!

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>