[TowerTalk] hard hats

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] hard hats
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 03:29:52 +0800
tower talkers,

i was at the base of my very modest tower and a fellow was up at the
top doing antenna type things.  he was about to insert a 3 1/2"  3/8"
dia bolt through a boom/bracket thingie and it (the bolt) got away from him.
it
missed my bald, unprotected pate by about 2" and it hit the patio
pavement with a ... well, *impressive*... blow. the chip in the
pavement is more scalp/skull/brain(?) than i can afford to lose!
i wear  head protection now whenever i'm working beneath someone.

73, k6gt