[TowerTalk] Hard hats and safety

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hard hats and safety
From: ddjones@nas.com (Dale Jones K5MM)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:41:41 -0700 (PDT)
   Just for the record, let it be known that wearing hard hats while
   working on towers in the Portland OR area is MANDATORY.  While
   building several separate antenna farms there in the mid-80's, I
   swear that W7GG (who then had AI7B, and was previously W7TKD---he's
   an old flatuator!), who is one helluva tower guy, used to stand on top
   of many a Rohn 45 and THROW wrenches, bolts, cable clamps, buckets,
   beer bottles, processed beer, and the like at the ground crew.

   We finally caught on to him though, brought binoculars and 2-meter
   walkie-talkies (are they called hand-helds nowadays???), and sat in
   in the pickups while he was on the tower.  We also wore hard-hats,
   just in case he found something to penetrate all that protection.

   Hell, he could have had a Howitzer up there or something!!

   73
   Dale K5MM