[TowerTalk] Searching for a Whacky Story

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Searching for a Whacky Story
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 11:34:27 -0400
Hi George and all the humor posters out there,

Thanks for posting the "Sad Story."  It looks much better in the format
you've presented.  We need things like this to help us realize how fallible
we are at times and how important it is to tackle our tower projects with
safety uppermost in our minds.

Besides, its a well known fact that people learn more from humor than from
stories about untold misery and grief.

On the other hand... you would not believe how widely this joke has
circulated and all its many incarnations.  I've received stories about
apple picking farmers and bricklayers and you name it.  Seems like I hit a
gold mine of humor. Some have claimed it has origins of 40 to 50 years
ago....or longer.

Thanks to you for your research and to everyone for their very informative
input.

Please "think safety" on all your tower projects so that we can all keep
laughing.

Roger, K2JAS