[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Stubs are not a joke

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Stubs are not a joke
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 11:54:43 EDT
On Tue, 1 Jul 1997 22:37:33 -0400 (EDT) Scott Robbins <srobbins@usit.net>
writes:

>is right at the output of the amplifier
>the only spot the stub is useful/usable?  I use a couple of mono-
>banders on a remote coax switch that could easily have stubs on T
>connectors added at the switch.

Stubs can go anywhere in the feedline. I would be a
little concerned about putting them way out at the
remote coax switch, especially if the feedlines for
your other antennas are in the same coax bundle. There
may be enough leakage through the coax shield to
degrade the stubs' performance. Solid-shield coax,
such as hardline or even 9913 would help, if this turns
out to be a problem. I would try putting the stubs
first at the amplifier, and then at the switch, to see
if there is any difference.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
k6ll@juno.com