[TowerTalk] WARNING: Enough on Texas Towers already

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WARNING: Enough on Texas Towers already
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 19:23:54 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-03 16:38:07 EDT, k6se@juno.com writes:

> >Jim, we were sincere when we said "sorry for the delay".
>  >---------
>
>  I suppose, Gerald, that you're also sorry for the "slight" error you made
>  when you "sincerely" told me the 3/8" thread, 6" take-up turnbuckles you
>  have available are rated at 4000 lbs load.

      OKAY, OKAY. This is not the "retailer bashing" reflector or anything
close to it. Just because Texas Towers has "tower" in there name doesn't mean
that it's okay to vent your spleen at (or endorse them) on TowerTalk.

     In case one has forgotten, the purpose of TowerTalk is to discuss tower
and HF antenna topics. That's it.

    EVERYONE has a story, good and/or bad, about someone that they've done
business with; I've even got a couple myself.

     If you've got a complaint about a business or product, talk to THEM and
please DO NOT take up TowerTalk bandwidth with it. Please exchange PRIVATE
messages and don't go public because some of us don't care.

     Gerald, myself and MANY other people are small businesspersons. It ain't
easy, especially in the ham market. Yes, sometimes things happen; you're out
of stock, something doesn't get delivered, etc. -- it happens! I'm overjoyed
when it happens correctly!

         Gerald's specialty seems to be low price. If you want more customer
service, vote with your dollars and spend your money somewhere else where you
get what you feel you deserve.

     Please cease or be taken off the reflector.

73,  Steve  K7LXC            TowerTalk list administrater