[TowerTalk] anticlimb panels

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] anticlimb panels
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 07:11:18 -0600 (MDT)
At 12:21 PM 7/12/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Instead of 'Danger - High Voltage' signs, use 'Danger - Radiation'
>stickers instead. These can be applied to towers and outdoor shacks,
>and is a much better deterrent.
>
>Folk reckon they can avoid HT shocks just by being careful (us former
>and current boatanchor tweakers know better :-) but RADIATION?
>Scary! Keep away or your parts will shrivel like week-old button mushrooms!

I know someone who did this and when the county authorities saw the
sign the quarantined off the property until he could get it all straightened
out.

Microwave RADIATION from ovens is pretty scarey to poorly informed
people who view it is radioactivity.  Whereas WE view radioactivity as
IARU or CQWW!

73  John  W0UN