[TowerTalk] Force 12 80M rotary dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 80M rotary dipole
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 20:42:32 -0400
Hi Barry,

re. Your question....."And who is buried in Grant's tomb?... I always
thought Grant was buried elsewhere so I went to the National Park Services'
web page....

http://www.cr.nps.gov/phad/gegrlcs.html

and got the following information that I knew you were dying to know....

       Location: GENERAL GRANT NATIONAL MEMORIAL
                 NEW YORK                   NY
IDLCS: 00432
           Name: GENERAL GRANT NATIONAL MEMORIAL
  Also Known as: GRANT'S TOMB

 BUILT             1891 - 1897    by: JOHN H. DUNCAN
 ALTERED           1930 - 1939    by: DEAN FAUSETT
 ALTERED           1969 - 1970    by: ALLYN COX

A 90' SQUARE, WHITE GRANITE MONUMENT, RISING FROM PLAZA,
SURMOUNTED BY A GREAT, COLUMNED CYLINDER, AND FINALLY A STEPPED,
CONICAL ROOF. GRAND STAIRCASE FLANKED BY 2 STONE EAGLES LEADS TO
2 MONUMENTAL ENTRY DOORS. INTERIOR: 2 LEVELS, ROTUNDA &   CRYPT.
AN EXAMPLE OF MONUMENTAL FUNERARY / COMMEMORATIVE ARCHITECTURE
FROM THE END OF THE 19th CENTURY.  ITS SIZE AND PLACEMENT REFLECT
GRANT'S IMPORTANCE TO THE PEOPLE OF THE TIME.  TOMB ALSO BROKE
WITH THE THEN CURRENT FASHION OF ERECTING OBELISKS.

So.... they don't answer the question.  I e-mailed the National Park
Service and will get back to you with their answer soon.

Hang cool!

PS..... The website also says nothing about using the tomb TO SUPPORT A
TOWER!  (needed some way to get that word in here)

Roger, K2JAS