[TowerTalk] Force12 EF330 More

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force12 EF330 More
From: csummers@diac.com (Charlie Summers)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 06:00:43 -0600
Hi again!

Well, the problem turned out to be a commercial broadcast station 6
miles away.  This 50,000 watt station overloaded my Autek RF analyzer
and caused a faulty reading.

Sorry for wasting the reflectors time.  The EF330 seems to work fine
now.

I might mention that Tom took time out to call me from Flagstaff where
he is attending a ham fest.  He pointed out that I should try my
transmitter with SWR meter instead of going only by the Autek.  He also
pointed out that there were several mistakes in the manual, that the
antenna has indeed been tried and tested and that it works set to the
dimensions in the manual.

I hate to get off on a tangent but sometimes, after dealing with a
problem for a few days, it takes someone else to instantly diagnose the
problem.  I never dreamed it could be Autek overload!

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>