[TowerTalk] QTH for sale

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] QTH for sale
From: "k4sb@worldnet.att.net"@worldnet.att.net (Edward W. Sleight)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:59:15 -0700
Steve has very graciously given permission for this posting. I'm getting
a little too old to be climbing, and have purchased a smaller QTH
so this one is up for sale as of now.

House is contempoary ( lots of windows all Anderson Thermopane ) on
5.67 acres of property. Lot dimensions are roughly 210 wide by 1276
deep.
Presently have the following towers installed. 1 Heights aluminum 105'
about 10 feet from hamshack. 1 Rohn 25 about 100' at about 100 feet from
hamshack. Has Mosley Pro67 ( or 57...whichever one has 2 elements on
40 ) installed. 1 Rohn 25 75' about 200 feet from shack, almost in exact
center of property. Has 5 element 20 on a 48' boom. Feed is 3/4" hard-
line. Rotor is HD-1000. Extra leads and cable also buried with feed.

Property is roughly devided as follow. First acre has house, extensive
landscaping, but minimum care required. BIG hardwoods ( over 100 ')
on East and North to first pasture. 3 streams across property. Hardwoods
along each stream. (and for those of you who want to make sure of True
North, the right hand side of the property is 359 degrees, 59 minutes,
59 seconds NORTH. Variation 0 degrees.---)

Home is roughtly 2400 square feet with about 1600 square feet partially
finished basement. Hamshack in basement about 14 x14. Workshop about
14 x 22. Lotsa storage. Walk in area to crawlspace.

Upper portion has 14 x 22 kitchen with island in center and large
breakfast area on end. Large 3 section bay window. Oak floors, butcher
block counter ( L shaped about 14 x8 ) Cabinets everywhere, built in
desk. Completely remodeled with all new appliances about 3 years ago.
Powder room off kitchen by 12 x 14 pantry and washer/dryer area.
Enclosed 2 car garage. Sun room with sliding glass off kitchen. Main
living area is L shaped great room about 24 x 30. Fireplace, ect. Tiled
foyer entry area. 2 BRs on first floor seperated by full bath (
remodeled ). Formal dining room. Master BR is 14 x 22 with sitting room
about 12 x 12 adjoining with walk in closet. Master bath.

Home has an extensive security system. ( Matter of fact, if you can
penetrate the system and gain access into the home, I'll knock $10,000
off the price ) Above does not include chainsawing hole in roof, but
does permit anything else.

Neighborhood is very private, and all homes have minimum of 5 acres.
Most neighbors have horses.... For example, there are 17 homes on my
street which is a U and those home occupy about 180 acres. Neighbors
are live and let live. If I want to put up another tower, I do it. The
trees and house obstruct any view from the street. School district is
the highly prized "McEarchern district. Best high school in Cobb County.

Easy access to Interstates.

I'd really like to see this property go to another ham. You can
experiment with antennas to your heart's desire. If interested, give me
a call at 770-439-4674. I am selling the home "by owner". Price is firm
at $275,000. (home appraised at $282,000 about 3 years ago and that
before the remodeling or sun room ) Land prices going out of sight in
west Cobb county. ( 1 10 acre lot down the street has not been built on
and owner has refused $45,000 per acre.) Incidentally, area across
street
is part of 10 acre parcel attached to first house on left of street. I'm
the 5th on the right.

thanks for the bw..

73

Ed