[TowerTalk] Force 12 C3

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C3
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:45:27 -0600
Well the weekend weather patterns finally allowed me to get the C3
installed on the tower at 80 feet.  I have a Cushcraft 40-2cd mounted
above it at 90 feet.

Initial response:  So far it is performing very well.  The SWR curves
are great on 10m and 20M.  The 15m curve is not great.  I think I am
having some interaction problems with the 40.  Not sure how to cure it.

20m-the entire band is less than 2:1
15m-best swr is 1.6:1 at 21.125.  From 21.4 and up it is over 2:1 :(
10m-under 2:1 from 28.0 to almost 29.0

Compared to a TH7 at 60ft the C3 has been consistently been
out-performing  the TH7 both and receive and transmit.  The C3 appears
to be quieter as well.  That could be due to the relative locations of
the 2 antennas.  The TH7 is much closer to the house.

For the size and weight I don't think you can beat this antenna.  It was
a piece of cake to put together and being that it only weighs 33 lbs.
one man can easily mount it on the tower.  The mounting scheme used is
great.

I plan to install another C3 or C4 at the 50 foot level soon and stack
them.  The patterns look real good.  The older I get the more inclined I
am to the Keep it simple principle!  This antenna fits that description
AND is a great performer.

Mike
W0MU