[TowerTalk] Top loaded vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Top loaded vertical
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 00:11:32 +0900
Stephen Albert wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>         I have been working on a top loaded vertical for 40m and 80m's. The
> problem that I have is lack of space for radials. Wondering how the antenna
> will work on 80m with 1/4 wave radials for 40m's? I can only guess that the
> angle of radiation will be higher on 80m?
>
>         Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!!
>
> 73 de   Steve      VE1SPC

Hi Steve.  The 40 meter radials will work on 80.  If you can get 1/4 wave
radials, it is better, but 1/8 wave radials are a lot better than no
radials at all.  I have 3 40 meter verticals in a array, and a 160 meter
inverted "L".  All of them have radials anywhere from 20 feet to 130
feet, and they work fine.  Just put out as many as you can.  GL with the
antenna.
Tom W7WHY