[TowerTalk] Kellum Grips

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Kellum Grips
From: n1qqv@cshore.com (Ken Freedman)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 13:54:13 -0400
 Steve Wrote:

>  This is how you do it. The most common devices are called Kellum grips
>and they are perfect for this type of application. That way, the
weight is >on the grip and no damage is done to the cables.

     Steve is exactly right.  In my job (industrial electrician) we use
these devices (sometimes referred to as "baskets") constantly, and they
are indeed, the best way to vertically suspend cable.  Properly sized
they shouldn't slip, but if you are concerned about it, some electrical
tape wound tightly around the bottom inch of the grip and an inch of
the cable will be more than enough to ensure that it doesn't.

73, Ken

Ken Freedman
AKA: N1QQV/QRP  VE, EC Madison CT, QRP-L
Living Proof That, "You don't have to be a blonde to be light headed!"