[TowerTalk] Antenna Modelling vs. Actual

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modelling vs. Actual
From: charlieo@tellabs.com (charlieo@tellabs.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:31:27 -0500
Greetings,

I have a question for those who have first modelled and then built their
antenna:

  How was the correlation between the modelled feedpoint Z and the actual?

I ask this question because I am nearing completion of the mechanical
construction phase of a homebrew shortened (44') 40m rotatable dipole.  I
modelled the antenna in MiniNec (v3, I think) mainly to get an idea of the
feedpoint Z.  Now I need to build the matching network, and it sure would be
nice to know how much room for adjustment I need to have.

For those interested, the modelled feedpoint Z is around 20 -j340 ohms.

The idea is to get the antenna up on the tower and tuned with a minimum amount
of hassle (lowering, raising, etc.)  I understand that a bit of "cut and try"
will be necessary, but am hoping to keep it minimized.

Tnx es 73,

Charlie  N9CO   charlieo@tellabs.com