[TowerTalk] IIX FIXED

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] IIX FIXED
From: W1WEF@aol.com (W1WEF@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 20:43:52 -0400 (EDT)
Thought there might be some interest in the outcome of my IIX sidemount
binding fix.
I decided that trying to plumb the mast was the wrong approach. if the
shelves from IIX were not perfectly normal to the tower (right angles), or if
the tower was not perfectly plumb, then plumbing the mast would guaranty
binding. I finally adjusted
it so that the mast was somewhat centered in the upper sleeve.

I then made two braces from 1 1/2 inch angle iron that had a U bolt to go
around an adjacent tower leg, and drilled a hole for a bolt to go through the
IIX shelf and the angle stock. I did the drilling after the alignment was
done , with the braces in place on the tower.

I think it's going to be FB now!   JACK W1WEF    w1wef@juno.com