[TowerTalk] Best methnods for grounding the ham shack?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best methnods for grounding the ham shack?
From: herbr@netcom.com (Herb Rosenberg)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 21:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
I am interested in hearing about the best methods for grounding the ham
shack, to mimimize the potential for RFI.  I am looking to move to a new
QTH, and build a ham shack addition to the house.  Someone along time ago
was talking about cutting a hole in the exterior wall, and mounting and
18 inch square plate in the wall, with bulkhead connectors for the coax
cables, and then grouning the equipment to this plate on one side, and
then ground the plate to an earth ground on the other side.  He claimed
this was absoultely the best way to minimize RFI.

Does this method work?  Is this considered to be good approach, or what
would you suggest?  I really want to do this right, so I would appreciate
your suggestions and feedback.

Thanks.

Herb - KG6OK

herbr@netcom.com