[TowerTalk] RG8X (?)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RG8X (?)
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 02:20:44 -0400 (EDT)
K1VUT (I think) touched on this last week....

Please e-mail k4oj@aol.com direct if you have experience with the narrower
diameter ham coax, I believe it is RG8X. - I may have the p/n wrong - it is
the narrower stuff supposedly good for 1.5 KW.......I am planning a new
switchable sloper system for 80 meters and the lighter weight of the narrower
diameter coax sounds attractive, not pulling down on the slopers as much.  I
gather it is lossier, but at 3.5 MHz does it really matter, should I worry
about leaky coax syndrome ??????????

Oh, blow it out your whistlin' trap hole.

.....please report back if you have experience with this product....."have
you ever been experienced?" (w/RG8X....not necessarily RG8, but beautiful)

tnx, 73

Jim
k4oj

if there is a sufficient amount of feedback on this I will summarize to the
reflector   ar