[TowerTalk] bip-ing AND bop-ing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] bip-ing AND bop-ing
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 18:43:58 -0400 (EDT)
I have been spending late nights with Yagimax - trying different combinations
for the new 20 meter 4 over 4 stack.  RE: The option when stacking for phase
differential is I assume correctly addressed as 0 degrees for antennas in
phase, and 180 degress for antennas out of phase.

I have found a combo that looks real sweet DX/Low Angle wise in 0 degrees
phase fdff., and looks great Domestic/High Angle wise in 180 degrees
shifting......now the question to y'all.

I plan on running equal length feedlines from the two yagis down to ground
level....at that point I will need to have my Upper/Lower/Both and BIP/BOP
switching done.  Do you recommend these feedlines be odd quarter wave
multiples of the design frequency?

What are you major metal guys with stacks using to do this switching?  If it
is commercial I would appreciate a product review of what you got....I see
upper lower stuff out there - but no In-Phase vs Out of Phase appliances
mentioned....perhaps I am looking in the wrong places.....

Please e-mail direct to me

 k4oj@aol.com

I will summarize what y'all tell me to the towertalk reflector.

Tnx In Advance

Jim, K4OJ