[TowerTalk] Interference from Flourescent Lights?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Interference from Flourescent Lights?
From: stan@ccsnet.com (stan@ccsnet.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 12:18:10 -0500
When purchasing new fluorescent lights look in the specification for
reduced RFI/EMI

The cheaper the lamp and fixture the noisier it probably will be....

Consider task lighting with incandescent or halogen high output lamps..

Special RFI/EMI filters have been available from lamp manufacturers.
Inquire with the manufacturer..
The local electrical supply house may not know what EMI/RFI is....

I usually try the lamp, look for RFI problems,if any return, for another
brand....

Lamp dimmers can be a source of RFI/EMI......

For my work bench I have provisions for both fluorescent and high output
halogen.
The fluorecent is cost effective, but when noise becomes a problem I use
the halogen.

One drawback of my halogen desk lamp is heat generated...

I hope this helps..

Stan, WA1ECF   Cape Cod, MA   FN41sr

to:   INT:herbr@netcom.com
cc:   INT:towertalk@contesting.com