[TowerTalk] Tower Painting?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Painting?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 01:32:06 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-26 23:50:10 EDT, dietz@texas.net writes:

> I have used the cold galv sprays for spotty rust with excellent success.  A
>  wire brush will prepare the surface for painting.

    Surface rust is just the beginning of a problem and cold galvanizing
paint is a good way to PM the tower galvanized coating. For casual or annual
inspection use, it's great.

     IMO cold galv is one case where you get what you pay for. The most
important properties I have found for the paint are adherence and coverage.
You want the cold galv to adhere to your tower surface. Cheaper
rustoleum-type hardware store types sometimes only spray on a thin coating
and then run. The more expensive types (Klein, LPS, etc.) spray on a thicker
coat with a minimum of running.

    And like Frank said, surface preperation is the key to success.

     BTW TOWER TECH has the Klein for nine bucks a spray can.