[Fwd: [TowerTalk] freestanding towers]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: [TowerTalk] freestanding towers]
From: jayt@arraysolutions.com (Jay Terleski)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 11:18:56 -0700
--------------0E4181F91B121E146A3F22D7

Forgot to post to the reflector,  one of the best deals around for a
freestander.
Jay, WX0B

--------------0E4181F91B121E146A3F22D7

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 11:16:23 -0700
From: Jay Terleski <jayt@connect.net>
To: Trey Garlough <trey@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] freestanding towers

Trey,
I bought a 100 ft freestander from a local guy's tower manufacturing
outfit.  You may know of it.
Charlies Welding of Kenadale, TX  817-479 9391
Its a great tower very strong and much bigger than a crankup for
sturdyness.

Hot Dipped Galvanized as well.  It would take a trucker to get it to you
since they are in 20 ft sections.  But his prices are much more
reasonable than US Tower, etc.

Get and 80 footer or 70 footer at less than half of a crankup cost Im
sure.  He charged me around $3000 and he dug the hole, put in the rebar
and base cage,  put in the cement, brought a crane in and installed it at
that price.  I also bought the lower 100 ft of a 120 ft tower for more
ruggedness.  This included a two bearing plates and a rotor shelf.  I
even had him weld a ladder up one side for me, doesnt get any better than
that.  Its 42 inches at the base and tapers to 17 inches at the 80 foot
section, then I had him make it straight solid 7/8ths rod for the last 20
feet.  Which is straight 17 inches wide per leg to the top.  I had a
cusome top shelf made that a man can dance on 25X25 inches.  Its easy to
work on stuff.  and the extra bearing plate above the rotor is great for
repaceing a rotor by yourself.  Which I had to do last week.

73
Jay, WX0B

Give it a try.
Several others around here have bought from him as well.
Jay, WX0B