[TowerTalk] tower please help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower please help
From: ik0hbn@isa.it (( Sante ) IK0HBN)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:56:32 +0200
Hi Towertalkians,
I need your help. At the end I have found a local farm which should build a
tower for me. The place in which it should be erected is a not regular
square with one side of 50 meters, the other of 40 meters. The third and
fourth sides are about 30 meters and 15 meters.
Now this ground place holds my 10 meters tower with a force12 C3XL , a Gap
Voyager and a system of 2 phased verticals. All these sfuffs would be
removed to make place to a single tower on which I wish resolve the 160,
80, and 40 meters band.
For 40 meter I thought at a 2, or 3 el. yagi.
On 80 I'd like to have a 4 square array of verticals....after having tested
for 2 years my 2 el. for 40...I'd like to have same results also on 80.
For 160 meter....sorry, but I do not know waht put up. I need such band for
mainly contesting and DXing, so low elevation angles should be required. It
could be a good system to drive the whole tower with a gamma-match, so my
answer is:
Is it possible on a single tower putting all these stuff? Taking steady the
idea of a Yagi for 40, could a 4 wire square array function when among them
there should be a tower, which base surely will not less than 1,5 -2 meter
side?
Besides this, is for you possible using a tower with up a yagi, a 4 square
array (wires), also for 160? I have not at all how interactions should be?
Another matter...also more hard: tomorrow will expires the price that farm
made me, so i must decide into tomorrow the high of such tower. I have
thought at a self supporting, tapered, with sure external stairs, with
balcony up tower.
For such a farm no problem at all for building it, but...and they are
right, could like to know how tall should this tower be?
I thought at 30 meter high....is it too tall for resonating it to 160,
considering that a 2, or more probable 3 elements yagi should be up?
For cost purpose, they could arrange for me a tower of 25 meter high but I
fear it would be too short for hosting a 4 square with elevated radials at
3 meter up, and loading it for 160.
I know...surely my message could not have much sense, but after months of
thinking, reading messages from this reflector...sadly my doubts do not yet
abandone me....hi
Thank for your help....hope in few months offering a more steady signal in
future contesting.
Please do not reply me as "Try and see"...hi. This coming stuff, I can
assure you, has a cost that it would be more sight to shut up....hi
ciao...Sante
--
                                  \\||//
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT BY:         (.)(.)