[TowerTalk] Splicing together 7/8" Heliax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Splicing together 7/8" Heliax
From: twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com (Scott Bullock)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 17:31:14 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Scott, I have 130' of 1/2" heliax feeding my ameritron coax switch, it is
spliced with a cablewave splice kit, and I don't have any problems at all
with it, just be sure to weatherseal it good if outside. These splice kits
aren't easy to install (pain in the a!#) I regularly have leftover pieces
here too from jobs that we do, by using it on my ham station it's cheaper
than buying it! Most times I bring my shorts to the ham fleas and sell them
there, the vhf/uhf crowd loves them! It's also better than throwing them
out. Heliax will last you many many years too.
cul,73,
Scott