[TowerTalk] [LONG POST] Installing Dead Ends.....Labor Day Weekend's Les

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] [LONG POST] Installing Dead Ends.....Labor Day Weekend's Lesson
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 06:37:47 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Jim!

Sounds like quite a project u and your Dad have taken on!

You never mention what type of tower legs you are putting the grips
around, I just wanted to caution you that grips have a minimum bend radius
requirement.  If this minimum radius requirement is not met, there is a
real risk of guy failure.  Of course, this also applies to the oversized
heavy duty thimbles that must be used with your turnbuckles to meet the
minimum radius requirement there.  These would be good points to cover in
any article about the use of guy grips.

Good luck on your project!  What type of 20M Yagis are you using?

73
Frank
W3LPL
donovanf@sgate.com