[TowerTalk] .ANT to .EZ conversion utility

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] .ANT to .EZ conversion utility
From: psoper@encore.com (Pete Soper)
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 07:45:42 -0400
Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> writes:
> Has anyone written a utility for converting .ANT files of the type used by
> AO or NEC-WIRES into .EZ files of the type required by EZNEC?

I would have done something like this long, long ago (NEC deck<->.EZ file)
except for the position of EZNEC's author, W7EL. The last time I pinged him on
this issue Roy made it very clear that he considers the .ez file format
proprietary. So apart from probably screwing up some of the semantics the
first version or two, reverse engineering Roy's file format would have been
against his wishes. Perhaps his stance has changed but that's where things
stood a year or so ago.

Regards,
Pete
KS4XG