[TowerTalk] New Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:41:55 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-15 06:28:13 EDT, DaveLeDuc@aol.com writes:

> I will be installing my 60 foot rohn 25g tower very soon. I'm fortunate
>  enough to
>  have the availability of a backhoe and backhoe operator to dig the holes.
>  My question is how large should the hole be for the tower foundation?
>  How much concrete should I use?
>  I plan on guying the tower at the 30 foot level and at the top.

     According to the Rohn catalog (if you don't have one, they're five bucks
from TOWER TECH), the base is 2x2x4 feet deep. It takes .70 yds of concrete
and four 3/4" vertical pieces of rebar. The guy anchor is 1.5x1.5 ft. square
four feet in the ground with one foot of concrete (.08 yds.) in the bottom.
The hole is backfilled.

     The backhoe will probably install bigger holes than you need.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

     TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs