[TowerTalk] Where can I find a manual for HAM IV rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Where can I find a manual for HAM IV rotor
From: hires@rust.net (Floyd Soo, W8RO)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:27:22 -0700
Miller TE (Tom) wrote:

> I just took my rotor down for repair and discovered that I can't find my
> manual.  This is the CDE Ham IV rotor.  Mfg date says 1981.  Been up a
> few years.  The only problem is the indicator does not track well.
> Rotor moves find but the indicator will stick and then jump.  I had the
> top off and see how it works.  I sprayed some radio shack contact
> cleaner but didn't fix it.  Maybe I need to bend the contact down a
> little to give more tension on the wirewound resistor on the top of the
> rotor.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix it or where I can find a manual.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Miller
> WB8ICT

Tom,

If you check into our website, you will find a link to W7FG Vintage
Manuals home page.  He does carry the manuals for the Ham II, III, IVs
and more.  You will find the URL to our site in my signature block
below.  I don't recall his URL, otherwise I would just pass it along.
If you can't get to our site, e-mail me, and when I get home, I'll look
it up and pass it along.

Floyd Soo, W8RO
President, HI-RES Communications, Inc.
Net Manager and Board Member, Collins Collectors Association
QRP-L #392
hires@rust.net
http://www.rust.net/~hires