[TowerTalk] KC1XX's 8 10M yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KC1XX's 8 10M yagis
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:39:47 +200
Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:
> I have to question the logic of 8 10M yagis stacked vertically.  Unless
> Matt is using hardline between the antennas for phasing lines, I would
> guess that much of the gain he gets with 8 yagis is lost in 8 very long
> feed lines.
1.  The feed lines don't need to be much longer than normal.
2.  Gain is not the only issue.  Vertical pattern profile and receive
S/N also count.  In EME arrays this is a major issue--you can realise
very little extra gain by going from 8 to 16 Yagis, but you can gain
receive S/N because the receive lobe is narrower.

Besides, like Hillary said:  It's there!

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ