[TowerTalk] Verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Verticals
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 22:00:02 +0900
Hi All!
I presently have a three element vertical array for 40 meters using
tubing that is tapered from 1 1/2 inches down to 3/4 inch. I have come
into some 4 inch tubing that used to be used for booms in some old KLM
big sticker antennas. What I was wondering is would it be worth the time
to take the smaller elements down and replace them with the 4 inch
tubing?  Would it make any difference in how the array worked?  Thanks
and 73
Tom W7WHY