[TowerTalk] Are "Ufer" grounding BEF

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Are "Ufer" grounding BEF
From: aa0cy@robertwanderer.gardnerville.nv.us (ROBERT WANDERER)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 17:50:34 -0700
One ground rod does not a lightning ground make.

For best results, the rod(s) should be completely below grade.

Usually a ground will last for about a decade or so. Where do you
live? The choice of grounding material is determined by the pH of
your soil. An acidic soil (normally found in the eastern part of this
country) would kill copper. Galvanized, tinned (copper) and aluminum
based materials would last longer. Alkaloid soil (normally found in the
western states) would zap the aforementioned material and copper based
would be the way to go.

73, Bob AA0CY