[TowerTalk] BIG Grip Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BIG Grip Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 11:07:45 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-27 17:54:02 EDT, cwman@juno.com writes:

> I'm trying to put big grips on Phillystran.  Since it is flexible this
>  gets pretty tough about 2/3 of the way to the end of the grips.
>
>  This is my first time working with the big grips.   Are there any tips or
>  secrets to doing this job with minimal difficulty?

     Putting Preformed grips on Phillystran isn't as easy as installing them
on stiff EHS. I've found the best thing to do is to do a couple of inches at
a time on both legs. It keeps the Phillystran from bunching up which
necessitates un-doing and re-doing it.

     It's good stuff and worth the effort.

73,  Steve  K7LXC