[TowerTalk] re: new Craftsmen wrenches

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re: new Craftsmen wrenches
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:50:52 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-29 10:51:42 EDT, dave@egh.com writes:

> I have looked at the faily detailed pictures of these wrenches which I
>  received in my Craftsman Club advertisement.  It appears to me that the
> design
>  is such that the wrench may not grab the nut as securely as I'd like -
> leading
>  to possible slippage if the nut is on very tight.  Also, the design which
>  allows it to "ratchet" may wear on the edges of a nut if used several
times.
>  These potential problems make me believe that there is a possibility of
>  rounding nuts/bolts, which then severely compounds the original problem of
>  disassembly.
>       Do be careful.  I have damaged enough nuts/bolts with sloppily fitting
>  wrenches to really appreciate tight fitting wrenches and sockets.

    I haven't used the aforementioned wrenches but I do have a simple yet
wonderfully simple solution to rounded nuts, damaged bolt heads, gouged
phillips head screws and  flat screws, etc. A product called ScrewGrab
increases the friction on any metal so that you can deal with damaged and/or
hard to remove hardware. You just put a drop on the screw head or a little
bit inside your wrench/socket and the resulting 'grab' is dramatic. I always
have a tube in my toolbox.

    It uses small, diamond shaped particles that add the increased 'grab' -
to the tune of about 400% more friction. This stuff really works. It's five
bucks from TOWER TECH.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

    TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs