[TowerTalk] Re: what is the secret.....

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: what is the secret.....
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 15:24:11 -0400 (EDT)

>  to making the Crunchcraft 40 meter antenna perform it's best and
>  have 250 kHz bandwidth?????
>
>          Inquiring minds want to know. Especially b4 I install mine this
year.
      Okay, okay. I give up. I'll tell.

    Actually it's pretty simple. The manual has three settings - phone, mid
and cw. Split the difference between mid and cw and you'll have THE BEST
setting. On mid, the swr at 7.000 will be about 2.5:1 or more while the cw
setting doesn't give you much bandwidth up the band. By splitting the two,
the 2.0:1 points are 7.000 and 7.250. It works every time.

73 and GL,  Steve   K7LXC

    TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs