[TowerTalk] TIC Problems Buzz

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TIC Problems Buzz
From: k3lr@frogger.lm.com (k3lr)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:05:06 -0400 (EDT)
This is for Billy AA4NU and others who have had this problem. I know I
have! If the TIC control box buzzes when you want to rotate, the
problem is the pot at the rotor end. Take wires 3, 4 and 5 off and put
a 500 ohm pot in its place at the control box. This will allow you to
move the rotor. It could be just some dirt, but as W0UN pointed out,
the pots that TIC uses isn't the best. I know it is not meant to be
used outside. There is a real condinsation problem. I replace all pots
at the rotor end every 2 years as a prevention against what will
happen in the middle of a contest. As John pointed out, the pots are
available from Digi-Key.
If anyone figures out a better 2 watt, 10 turn pot for the rotor, I
sure would like to hear about it.

73!
Tim
K3LR