[TowerTalk] Antenna modeling - AO 6.5 or Elnec? - info needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna modeling - AO 6.5 or Elnec? - info needed
From: N5JA@contesting.com (Jon Barclay N5JA)
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 22:12:33 -0500
Dan wrote:

> The copy protection strategy uses a "software key" system...
> Thanks in advance for any info you can provide on Elnec or AO 6.5.

I purchased Brian's whole package a while back, and actually the
reason I was talking to him about it was the loss of my "keys"...
Windows NT ate them all quickly, without my really knowing what
it was doing (the messages were probably telling me it was eating
the keys, but who reads error messages :).

It's been well over a year ago since I purchased them, but at
that time NONE of them had copy protection on them, which was a
welcome relief because of all the problems I'd had with those
keys.

I've been well pleased with all of the programs, although I've
been too lazy to get out the maps and do the TA thing.

I also have ELNEC/EZNEC, and am apt to use either, usually
depending on which I already have a similar antenna model.
Incidentally, I did a couple of models that came out AMAZINGLY
close between EZNEC and YO's design of a Yagi, so that helps
my confidence using them.

Good luck and happy modeling,
Jon

--