[TowerTalk] 300 Ohm Feedline Connectors?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 300 Ohm Feedline Connectors?
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 22:07:10 EDT
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               617/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997 15:50:24 -0700 "Darryl J. Kelly" <kk5ib@insolwwb.net>
writes:
>I need some ideas for connecting a 300 ohm twinlead feedline
>to a center fed doublet. I need something light and durable as
>the antenna, in inverted vee position, is not directly supported
>by the connector, but by an insulator about 10' from center. I am
>currently using a dog bone insulator with a solid #12 wire on
>each side for the electrical connection, and a nylon tie around
>the insulator with the twinlead taped to it for mechanical support
>and strain relief. Any other ideas, preferably simple and
>homebrew? Thanks.

K1VR:  Take the 300 ohm line up and over the dogbone insulator.  As it
comes down again, tape it to itself, forming a loop over the insulator.
Now the weight of the feedline is born by the entire width of the
feedline.  As it is presently, the weight is on the tape holding the
twinlead to the tie wrap.