[TowerTalk] High Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] High Antenna
From: NQ4I@compuserve.com (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 07:04:16 -0400
Bill Fisher and I have been bantering back and forth on a topic that I feel
is now worth bringing to the reflector...I just recently installed a 6 el
10m yagi on a 28 foot boom ( former klm 610) which had been recently yagi
optimized by W4EA...with this antenna at the 145 foot level on my tower it
is 1-2 s units down from my other 2 antennas on 10m ,a 7 el on a 42 ft boom
at 45 feet, and a 8 el on a 48 ft boom at 55 ft...I think on the paths that
I have tested that the 6 el is just too high...Bill thinks that something
else is wrong....I have tested the new 6 el on the LU-PY path in the day
tim, and the VK-ZL path at night..I realize that this is by no means a
valid test, but I think that N4KG would certainly agree with me that this
thing is too high...

Any other ideas or comments??

The new 10 m 6 has some nice characteristics though...it is extremely
quiet, ground wave and back scatter contacts are much better...to name a
few...

comments please...de Rick