[TowerTalk] Temporary Antenna Support

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Temporary Antenna Support
From: DavidHarper@tx.slr.com (Harper, David)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:48:27 -0500
Dick sez:

>      I would suggest getting a Hy-Gain Hy-Tower (used about $50-
>      100) and configuring it for single band (80 or 160) operation.
>      Then mounting a small antenna on it for a weekend is no big
>      deal. The upside is another antenna that takes up little room.
>      Of course, I would not want that beam up there during a severe
>      windstorm.

I don't think I have EVER seen a used Hy-Tower for sale around these
parts, much less for $50-100.  But if anyone in Central Texas is selling
one for that price, I'll take it!   :-)
Jeff:  How tall is the peak of your roof?  If you get one of those 4 or
5-section pushup poles, you can have lots of overlap if you only extend
it to 25 or 30 feet, and it will easily support an A3 without guying at
10' or so above where the mast is attached to the peak of the house.
73,
Dave WD5N