[TowerTalk] Stories (fwd)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stories (fwd)
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 01:30:46 -0500 (CDT)
>1) You mention that "AU was a bit higher than the stuff around." How much
>higher? What distance away would produce a 50 ft drop in elevation
>(basically trying to get an idea of the slope).

Geee - I looked at a topo map for N6BV but that was a
long time ago.  As I recall to the west maybe lose 50ft in
a mile but then it came back up.  Like a said gently rolling.
I dont recall anything around that any higher but nothing that
much lower either.

>2) How were the side-by-side 15m 5-el yagis supported ? Two towers?
>Horizontal or vertical polarization? I think this is definitely the way to
>put a lot of signal into a small area, e.g. Japan.

Two 25g towers.  I think that you could improve on it
by  putting up two more antennas up at 35' on each tower.

I still think it would be fun to put up four or even better
eight 15m yagis towards japan/china - if I get the chance
I might just do it somewhere.

At W5KFT I am going to try two th-7s at 70/35 - this
should be good for JA on 10 and 15 and will also
make a great SS antenna for the west coast on 20/15/10
so maybe by next year I will be LOUD out west.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."