[TowerTalk] 75:50 ohm transformers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75:50 ohm transformers
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 11:49:15 -0600
If you make your 75 Ohm lines a multiple of  one HALF wavelength on 40M,
the load impedance will be presented back at the input end on 10, 15, 20,
& 40M,
with no need for any transformers since impedances repeat themselves
every
half wavelength in a transmission line.  This works well up to 225 ft.
For longer
lines, the wide bandwidth on 10M plus the number of half wavelengths in
lines
of 8 wavelengths or more,  creates unequal transformations between the
10M  CW and SSB bands.

Multiples of a halfwavelength on 80M will transform 10, 12, 15, 17, 20,
40, 80
and are not too far off on 30M.  ( I use my 80M dipoles on the WARC bands
with no tuner.  SWR on 30M is around 3:1 and under 2:1 on 17 and 12M )

de  Tom  N4KG