[TowerTalk] 160 meter ant.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 meter ant.
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 03:35:56 +0000
I was thinking of a 160 meter verticle antenna using a helium balloon to
erect it, for "quick setup"
I am stumped!
How big helium does it take to lift 1 lb.?
with this information I could figure out how big of a ballo i need, I think.?
Better yet, if someone else has done this, might they tell me how they went
about doing it, this would be the best type of learning I think. I am
realatively new to 160. allthough I am not an everyday 160 guy, I am
looking for advise for operation there. Actually what i want to do is
increase my qso's there in contests.
Are beverages required?
Is a full size verticle the best way to go?
Please let me know, but beware more questions may follow!

TNX
Mike...NO6X
no6x@inreach.com

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x