[TowerTalk] Mobile Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mobile Antennas
From: k2uvg@gnt.net (Hank Kahrs)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 21:16:44 -0600
>What is the Best kind of Mobile Antenna that will work on 10-80m
>or one that will work for 10-160m. This antenna will get used when
>the wx is 90 degrees and lot of use when it is 10 to 30 degrees below
>zero. It will be hooked up to a TS-50. Thanks.
>                                             Phillip M Walker K0VX
>                                             3405 37Th St Nw
>                                             Mandan,ND  58554-1238
>
>--

Phillip,

I would consider ONLY two, The Texas Bugcatcher which I have used for many
years and was the first on my block with a TS-50 ot consider also the
Stealth antenna by Fortes Industries, Lynchberg, VA.

I have a fair bit of mobiling under my belt and I have worked all the
counties in the US, mobile-to-mobile and have the Figment DXCC mobile.
Either one will work fine.  Both are industrial grade center-loaded whip
antennas.

Enjoy

73, Hank/K2UVG