[TowerTalk] T2X Strong Enough?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X Strong Enough?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:27:43 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-10-23 14:35:17 EDT, dick@libelle.com writes:

<< The two major brands I am willing to consider are:

 Yaesu G-2800SDX
 M2 "Orion" OR-2800P

 I am not considering the Create, big Hy-Gain and homebrew (e.g., prop
 pitch) for a couple of reasons, but I especially like the Yeasu and M2
 because they can be computer controlled. >>

      The Orion 2800 is second only to a prop pitch. It has the best mast
clamp in the business and a wormgear drive (no brake required).

     The Yaesu has none of the above. I rate the Create RC5B-3 just below the
Orion.

Effective Moment of the antenna load and the rotator capacity. The MARC
program will help with this decision. Unfortunately I'm out of town and don't
have all my reference material so I can't give you a definitive answer. The
biggest advantage of the T2X is that you can get parts or get it fixed by a
competent repair person (factory, Norm, Craig, etc.) easily where most of the
other rotators cannot be.

73,  Steve  K7LXC