[TowerTalk] Radials on Butternut

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radials on Butternut
From: n9yxa@ix.netcom.com (N9YXA-Cedrick Johnson)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:39:20 +0000
Hello-
I will be purchasing a Butternut HF9 vertical for CQWW SSB, and I
have a few questions:

On the radials, will it help if  I lay 4 1/4 wave radials for each
band with 90 degrees spacing on each one? Here's a rough sketch of my
idea (not to scale):
                                        40
                        20              |
                                   \    |
                                   \    |
                                     \  |
                        -------------- -------------40

etc...

The other question is:
I have a big 50 ft. tree just directly south of it. In the
spring-fall months while there are leaves and moisture present, will
it affect the normal operation of the antenna?

Thanks,
Cedrick- N9YXA
Cedrick Johnson - N9YXA - Z2/N9YXA
10-10: 67368, N9YXA Contest Group