[TowerTalk] Force 12 Magnum tuning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Magnum tuning
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 14:32:25 +200
My Force 12 Magnum 2/3 (2 el on 80 and 3 on 40) is about ready to go
up.  The tuning is the last major hurdle, which I intend to tackle
this weekend.

I need default dimensions for the 80 m Reflector jumpers.  My repeated
requests to Force 12 have gone unanswered, so I'm hoping there's
someone on the Reflector who might know.

I also want to move the Phone and CW frequencies closer together (I
don't need coverage above 3800 kHz).  Any ideas about the amount of
expansion required on the Phone/CW coils?

Finally, does anyone know whether re-tuning is required for the
parasitic elements (director and reflector) if I decide to elevate
the driven element into a Zagi configuration, as Tom calls it?  How
much?  The 40 m portion is physically identical to the Magnum 340,
except that the driven element is mounted on the mast above the
boom, rather than on the boom itself.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ